Monday, May 3, 2010

What's in a name?

So you make this wonderfully delish smelling soap, but you can't just call it 'Bubblegum', that's so boring.  What do you do?  Ah ha!  I'm making these beautiful soaps mainly because of my children, so lets give them each their own.  Sorry Cole I know yours is pink, but you do love bubblegum any gum for that matter, and besides I'm working on a blue one.  Ethan, how do you describe Ethan?  He can be a little rough at the beginning but underneath he's a softy, just like a great exfoliating bar of Oatmeal & Honey.  And the 'Baby Doll', Vienna, this cutie has sensitive skin and needs the mildness of a 'Castile' soap, with a little soothing Lavender thrown in.  Now the only problem is I've run out of children, but not soap. 
There are so many different combinations and so many that I want to try.  It has become a bit of an obsession.  My children now know what Lye is and they walk around that plastic pitcher like its going to jump up and bite them.  My oldest son tells everyone to make sure they keep their soap in a dish that drains so it will last longer.  Vienna, who's two, wants to smell, or as she says 'mell', everything.  Ethan, of course, doesn't seem to care and just says 'oh, your making soap again'.   The dog is the only one that doesn't seem affected, maybe that's because she doesn't have her own soap?  hmmmm.....Sincerely Sadie?

No comments:

Post a Comment