Friday, October 1, 2010

I LOVE Eucalyptus!

I love the smell of Eucalyptus, it just seems so fresh and clean.  I use it in everything....my laundry soap, household cleaner, in a diffuser.  The only question is what took me so long to use it in soap?  Well I was waiting to get some French Green Clay to use as a colourant, but I think its mostly because I forgot..gasp!  I finally got around to making it (and posting about it).  Here's how it turned out...

Once I had all the oils and lye combined I scented the whole batch, then I pour 1/3 of it into another bowl.  I added the green clay to 2/3 of the batch, its a brighter green than what it looks like in the picture.  I poured the green part into my mold, then sprinkled some more clay on top to get that line.  I then poured the uncoloured 1/3 of the batch on top.
I really like how it turned out!  Next time I'll have to work a bit faster because it started to set up on me, especially the top part.  I had to 'glop' and 'smush', those are technical terms ;) it into the mold, so there are a few pockets where it didn't fill in all the way.   They still look and smell great.
I was a very good girl and I waited a whole FOUR weeks before I tried one.  Ooooo it's so nice, lots of bubbly lather a scent that I love.  I've heard that green clay can be drying and is good for oily skin, I haven't noticed it drying my skin.  I have an oily t-zone so maybe 'i should use this as a facial soap.

8 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I love both Eucalyptus and Green Clay. I have a Green Clay facial soap with Tea Tree and Eucalyptus and I love it on my face. I have combination skin. Very nice looking soap you have created! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soaps! I love eucalyptus too!!! Not sure I could have waited 4 weeks!! lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eucalyptus too, is very refreshing , Very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good looking soap with a fab fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen, I've used it on my face and I really like it, I'll have to make one with Tea Tree too.
    Hi Melanie, normally it would be very hard not to try it sooner, but I put it in a different area to dry and forgot about it, again! lol
    Sonnenblume and Edith thank you very much, I used Eucalyptus Globulous (sp?)which I think has a fresher scent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soap! I like the layering look, very elegant, goes well with eucalyptus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very refreshing looking soap! Nice that you've combined clay & a lively EO like eucalyptus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your nice comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete