Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Little Bit of This & That

I tried a new soaping method today, still cold process, but with a little spin.  It's setting up right now, but once I get some cut and take some pictures I'll tell you all about it.  For now here is a sneak peak.....
For some reason the picture is upside down, but you get the idea, soap in a wooden mold. 
I have also been trying/making some other new things.  One is a "Pet Deodorant Powder".  I haven't been able to give my poor doggy a proper bath lately due to my "condition" and taking her to the groomers as often as I should is not in the budget.  But in my internet wanderings I came across a recipe for the Deo powder.  Of course I wrote it down to try and then didn't make a note of WHERE I found it (Duh!).  Anyways I finally mixed it up today and sprinkled it on my 60 lbs. dog.  You are supposed to brush it through their fur, but I'm lazy so I just rubbed it around with my hands. 
The recipe is Baking Soda, Arrowroot Powder and ground Lavender.  It also called for 15-20 drops of EO/FO but I figured the ground Lavender should be smelly enough.  I haven't let the dog in the house yet to test the smelliness, but I wrote down that it can be used on carpets as well, so maybe I'll try that next. 
I put it in this cute little glass bottle, I got it at the Dollar Store and it has a 'holey' lid, perfect for shaking.

1 comment:

  1. Mom of 3 and one on the way ?!?! Your dog is lucky he gets fed every day. Tell him I said to be grateful ! You'll wash him again when the kids are grown. (Thanks for checking out my blog )

    ReplyDelete